Warriors of Joan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pro life forum for Catholics to battle the culture of death

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Very Disappointing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Portia
Admin
Portia

Very Disappointing Empty
PostSubject: Very Disappointing   Very Disappointing EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 8:05 am

Brownback 'throwing the unborn under the bus'

A pro-life activist says Senator Sam Brownback's decision to support pro-abortion Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius for Health and Human Services secretary shows that his commitment to the unborn is merely political rather than a core value.

Kansas Republican Senators Sam Brownback and Pat Roberts issued a joint statement congratulating Sebelius on her HHS nomination, saying they "look forward to working with her on issues important to the state." Sebelius is a Catholic who says she personally believes abortion is wrong, yet has opposed restrictions on late-term abortions and is a friend and defender of notorious Wichita abortionist George Tiller.

Mark Crutcher, president of Life Dynamics, Incorporated, says Brownback -- a self-professed pro-life Catholic -- "abandoned" the unborn by backing Sebelius.

"I think it's typical of what we've seen over the years when somebody's commitment to the unborn is political rather than a core value with them," says the pro-life leader. "It's like the difference between a politician and a statesman."

Crutcher says Brownback's desire to become the next governor of Kansas may be driving his support of Sebelius. "All of Brownback's flowery words in the past don't really mean much," he says. "When push comes to shove, he'll throw the unborn under the bus for some political advantage -- and that's what's happened here."
Back to top Go down
victoire
Admin
victoire

Very Disappointing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Disappointing   Very Disappointing EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 11:22 pm

""All of Brownback's flowery words in the past don't really mean much," he says. "When push comes to shove, he'll throw the unborn under the bus for some political advantage -- and that's what's happened here.""
Sad and shameful.

We should email Sam Brownback.I'd like to hear how he justifies this support.

I hope we find someone in the Conservative movement that is truly pro life for a change.

This is why i backed Huckabee so much. He was one of the few candidates i trusted was 100% unapologetic about being pro life and he was elected in a Dem state with that position.He didn't change it just to get elected.

Brownback is Catholic to boot.Very disappointing.If he replies to my email will post it here.

Not holding my breathe.
God Bless,
p4p
thanks for posting Portia.
Back to top Go down
https://joan.forumotion.com
Portia
Admin
Portia

Very Disappointing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Disappointing   Very Disappointing EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 7:54 am

Quote :
I hope we find someone in the Conservative movement that is truly pro life for a change.

Louisiana’s Catholic Rising Star : Bobby Jindal

Quote :
“I would certainly say he’s a man of Catholic conviction,” said New Orleans Archbishop Alfred Hughes, who was bishop of Baton Rouge in the 1990s and baptized two of the three children of the governor and his wife, Supriya. “He was very much impacted by the Dominicans, who were the chaplains at Brown, and the way in which they expounded the consistency of Catholic teaching. He is a convinced Catholic, and he loves to solve problems. His service to the poor is through problem-solving.”

Louisiana Sen. Mike Michot of Lafayette was a freshman in the House of Representatives in 1996 when Jindal was the fresh-faced secretary of the Department of Health and Hospitals. He saw Jindal and his then-fiancée, Supriya, at Mass one Sunday at St. Jude Church in Baton Rouge.

“I was really impressed with his commitment to his faith and also with his love and devotion to Supriya,” Michot said. “Two years before he was elected governor I had a very in-depth, private discussion with him about his faith, and I could see how well-grounded he was in his faith. Being a convert to Catholicism, Bobby probably knows more about the history of the Catholic faith than many of us who have been lifelong Catholics.”

Pro-Life in College

On a public policy level, Jindal received a 100% pro-life voting record from the National Right to Life Committee while serving in the U.S. House of Representatives from Louisiana’s 1st Congressional District from 2005-08. But Jindal did not come late to the pro-life party. At Brown, he was heavily involved in the university’s pro-life club, to the extent that he issued a public debate challenge to any student from the pro-abortion side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Very Disappointing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Disappointing   Very Disappointing Empty

Back to top Go down

Very Disappointing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warriors of Joan :: Victory For Life :: General Discussion-
Jump to: